I got a call from my realtor this evening and it turns out she got a call late this afternoon from the realtor from the first home that told us that they were not accepting my offer. It appears the bank changed their mind in the same day and now they say they want to accept my offer but they need the loan to close in 45 days, not 60 days. They want to have penalties if it doesn't close in 45 days. I am doing a VA Loan and they usually need between 45 - 60 days to close. Ohhhh, the decisions just get more complicated.
In an attempt to make the decision-making easier, I did a sex offender search around the two homes but it appears there are no sex offenders living within a mile radius of either of the homes. Darn! That would have made the decision a little easier!