Monday, June 8, 2009

I put up some signs around my house...

I am getting a bit tired of some of the bad habits in my house so I put up some very clear signs about just a few of the new rules.

The first one says, "RINSE YOUR DISHES BEFORE LEAVING IN THE SINK!!!! (better yet, load the dishwasher rather than put in the sink!!!!)". I taped it on the window directly in front of the sink.

Do you think it will work?

I put a second sign in the kids bathroom that says, "ABSOLUTELY NO CLOTHING OR ANYTHING GETS LEFT ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR!!!! (or sink!!!!)". Between Jovanna and Scotty, sometimes I can't see the bathroom floor. I can't remember a time when either one of them cleaned up the mess either. So, I cleaned the bathroom today and posted my sign.

Do you think it will work?

I put a third sign on the dryer that says, "IT IS ILLEGAL TO PULL CLOTHES OUT OF THE DRYER WHEN THEY ARE STILL WET!!!! (dry first then take out!!!!)". You see, we have this ongoing problem in our house where someone wants to do their laundry and the load in the dryer before them is not quite dry (our stupid dryer takes two drying cycles to be completely dry), so the wet clothes are removed and placed on the couch for...I guess for me to deal with! So, I posted the rule!

Do you think it will work?

I am planning more signs but these are the most bothersome bad habits that have developed in our home. I hope that when we move and we are able to pull out our nice washer and dryer out of storage that we won't have the wet clothes problem anymore.

I figure when we move to our new place, the first thing I will do is unpack my scrapbook products and create some cute signs with the rules so I can post them all over the house!

No comments: