Saturday, May 16, 2009

Funny Memory...

I was with my son and a few of his friends a couple of nights ago and Scotty recalled a funny story about something Jovanna had done many years ago. I am glad that Scotty and some others remember some of these stories because my memory is just completely gone. Here is how it goes...

We were visiting Jovanna's fathers family in Apple Valley, California. I think Jovanna was around 4 or 5 years old at the time. She wanted her Uncle to play with her and he didn't want to and wasn't paying attention to her. Jokingly, I told her to go and kick him in the chin. She ran up to him and kick him in the place men fear being kicked...you know what I mean. Her Uncle doubled over in pain and Jovanna ran off into another room. At first, we were all in complete shock - our mouths hanging open and then as her Uncle doubled over in pain, the rest of us began rolling on the floor laughing uncontrollably.

When we finally found her and could control our laughter, I asked her, "Jovanna, why did you kick your Uncle in balls?" She wouldn't answer me and I asked her again. When she finally answered me, she said in her cute little voice, "I didn't know what the chin was". ROTFLOL Hysterically!

We have so many funny stories from Jovanna's childhood. So many that I can't remember them. Looking back, I really wish I had written them down because even though much of her childhood was traumatic for her family, she sure did give us some good laughs too.

No comments: