Thursday, June 5, 2008

Scotty Graduates!!!


This was one of the most special days of my life today! I knew it would be a special moment but I didn't know just how much until I actually experienced it. I got to watch my son accept his High School diploma dressed in a crimson and black with a 2008 tassel. You really can't describe what that feels like until you actually experience it. He made it! And...there were times that I and others who cared about him wondered whether he would make it or not. But he did it and I couldn't be more proud. I worked the last two days on making a DVD slideshow movie of his life. I just keep watching it over and over again because it causes me such joy to watch his growth from the day I brought him home from the hospital to where he is now. I love that kid and I am so proud of him. By the way, I held it together until it was my turn to give him a hug and then I couldn't hold it in any longer and we both cried, just like the day he was born.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Aww, sweet pics! Congrats to both of you! :-)

Colleen said...

You look like a proud mother should. Congrats to you and congrats Scotty.

ScrapAloha said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful day!!